Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Today Show

This morning pretty much epitomizes what "a day in the life" is like for me since becoming a mom, a homeowner, a wife, and a pet owner.

It's pouring down rain, my husband doesn't know if he has a job, my baby won't take his nap this morning and has been crying for 45 minutes straight despite my efforts to soothe...., a contractor is here working on the house and of course he couldn't find our address so the call waiting kept clicking while I was on the phone with the local waste and recycling company - and i couldn't hear what they were saying on the phone. Probably none of this is making sense. I'm soaking wet from taking the dog out to pee - only to find that he just wanted to play with sticks and drink rain water. I haven't showered in God knows how many days. I don't even remember where my bras are. The Today show is the highlight of my mornings. The Today Show. When I had a job I would laugh at the content of that show - and now it's my morning highlight.

Why I started this blog: Because I can't believe how challenging being a Mom is. Because I'm amazed that Mothers aren't ruling this entire world.... (they need better advocates and marketing - that's for fricking sure.) But it's not just Moms - it's Dad's too. It's Parents. Holy Shit - before my husband and i had Jack, our lives were a piece of CAKE! We'd go out to restaurants every night, bitch about our jobs (which I now look at as a luxury!), I'd get my weekly mani/pedi, massage or go shopping "for me".... And holy shit... has a Mac truck hit us or what!?!?! No one tells you - and probably even if they did, maybe I wouldn't have heard them.

Anyway, Jack's finally asleep. I figure if I'm lucky I'll get about 34 minutes more out of him... maybe I'll shower, if i can remember how.

No comments:

Post a Comment