Friday, July 23, 2010

The Smokin' Hot Babysitter

Holy Cow.... so I mentioned in my last post that all my potential babysitters just happened to be hot.  Well, I finally chose one - who happened to be the only one with a pulse, who could return a phone call, arrive on time and complete a sentence.  But anyway, she arrived for the interview presenting exactly as one new Mother could only hope... competent, appearing to genuinely care for little ones, and slightly "average" looking.

I was wrong. Or she just had a bad hair day.  Well I was right about being competent and her care for babies, but man alive, once this girl had the job she showed up looking "smokin' hot" according to my father-in-law (who i've NEVER heard talk like that!)  That was yesterday.  I didn't think she was "smokin'" yesterday, but she looked good.

However, the real surprise was today!  I was coming back from the city where i was picking up my race bib for the upcoming SF Marathon (and no, i'm not doing the marathon... just the 5k.  I'm a new Mom!!  Don't think for a second that I'm one of those crazy gung-ho, hard core types that never missed a day of working out during pregnancy and was a fanatic trying to get back in shape post baby... that is NOT me.)  Anyway, as I pulled up the driveway, I was greeted by our new babysitter, Amanda, in 1) white shorts that could not have been longer than 1 inch (no joke); 2) a gorgeous cute tank top that I (in all my lacking fashion sense) could never pick out for myself -- it even had those cute little flower holes in it -- you know, the feminine kind of shirt that turns guys on!; 3) she had my son in the baby-backpack; and 4) was walking my dog.... but the classic moment of it all was driving up to see my poor husband in the garage putting things away and looking oh-so guilty.  Guilty of nothing of course, but he just knew it did not look good!  I mean, we're new parents, and Momma's finally decided to branch out to let a complete stranger into babysit our first born (not to mention the fact that I wear the same thing every day, shower maybe 2-3 times a week, am still wearing my nursing bras (and no, i'm not nursing anymore), etc... it's not pretty), and I come home to find my husband in the garage, with this hot - and I mean S-M-O-K-I-N' H-O-T new babysitter carrying my son and walking my dog.

Good thing I have a strong sense of self.

1 comment:

  1. That totally happened to me several times. My first babysitter was tall, blond and an actress but somehow it never occured to me that she was h-o-t until one of my husband's friends was going crazy over her. My husband was like, "duh, Andrea's hot." Come to find out almost everyone was aware of that except me. then I had another babysitter who got asked out by two different men who were doing construction on my house. I now have a nanny who is a lot like the woman in Spanglish. I don't know how I attract them! Good thing my husband isn't the cheating kind.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete